Friday, August 19, 2011

Lil Ed and the Blues Imperials


Kenosha (like most towns) host a Summer music series in the park. Ours is oh so cleverly named Peanut Butter & Jam. Yesterday Perry and I made sure we went down to see the fun. We have missed all the shows up until then, but we made an extra effort to go to this show. Perry knows the drummer of the band and hadn't seen him in years. Lil Ed and the Imperials were playing and it was some amazing jump blues. These boys had the crowd out and dancing from the beginning. It was really nice to see everyone just unclench and dance. You don't see much of that anymore. It was just as enjoyable to watch everyone have a good time as it was to watch the band. The outdoor dancefloor... scratch that... outdoor dancegrass, was a pretty big area considering the amount of people who came out (I would guess it was near 500). Perry and I only danced the last song - and we barely did at that! The floor was jam packed so we had to grab a little spot just off to the side. Perry and I barely get to dance together anymore. So when it does happen I eat it all up!




Now that I know how enjoyable the Peanut Butter and Jam is, I'd like to go again, but there is only one band left for the series and it is truly doubtful Perry would go see a disco band!

No comments:

Post a Comment